Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Ph.D. in English, August 15, 2009–Religion & Literature Studies, 19C British Poetry
- M.A. in English, May 18, 2002
The Master’s College, Santa Clarita, California
- B.A. in English, May 8, 1999
- Visiting Assistant Professor of English (Present). Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Lecturer in English, 2011-12. Oklahoma State University.
- Assistant Professor of English, 2010-11. College of Biblical Studies, Houston, Texas.
- Assistant Professor of English, 2009-10. Belhaven College, Houston, Texas.
- Lecturer in English (EFL/Intensive English), 2005-2006. Baiko Gakuin University, Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi, Japan.
- EFL Instructor, secondary school, 2003-2005. Baiko Gakuin University.
- Graduate Assistant, Baylor Study Abroad in Maastricht, Fall 2002. Baylor University, Waco, Texas.
- Freshman Composition Instructor, 2000-02, Spring 2003, 2006-07, 2008-09. Baylor University.
- Writing Center Tutor, 1999-2000. Baylor University.
- Member of Academic Excellence Subcommittee, “Vision for Our Next Century” strategic planning effort, 2015-16. St. Gregory’s University, Shawnee, Oklahoma.
- Presenter of faculty workshop “Managing the Writing Process,” February 24, 2010. Belhaven College, Houston, Texas.
- Member of Intensive English Program and English Lounge committees, 2005-06. Baiko Gakuin University.
- Coordinator, Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), Present. St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Archdiocese of Oklahoma City.
- Tutor for Adult Confirmation, 2014-15. St. Francis Catholic Church.
- Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, Lector, Volunteer Librarian, 2011-Present. St. Francis Catholic Church.
- “Before a Fall: The Role of the Interpreter in Endo’s Silence.” Christianity & Literature.
- Rev. of Bilbo’s Journey: Discovering the Hidden Meaning of The Hobbit, by Joseph Pearce. Christianity & Literature.
- Encyclopedia of Literary Romanticism, 2010. Entries for Shelley’s “To Wordsworth,” Coleridge’s “France: An Ode” and “Pantisocracy,” and Charlotte Smith’s Elegiac Sonnets.
- “Kubla Khan,” The Confessions of an Inquiring Spirit, and the Decomposing Subject of Coleridge’s Corpus. Diss. Baylor University, 2009.
- A Knocking at the Door: Christian Hope in the Horror Fiction of H. P. Lovecraft. M.A. thesis. Baylor University, 2002.
- Dictionary of American Literary Characters, 2002. Entries for characters from Tom Clancy novels The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, The Cardinal of the Kremlin, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Without Remorse, Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, Rainbow Six.
- “Tipping the Scales: Contextual Clues in Bishop Blougram’s Apology.” Studies in Browning and His Circle 24 (June 2001): 54-67.
- “‘Can Poetry Matter?’—Definitely, and With Many Voices.” Southwest Conference on Christianity and Literature 2014. John Brown University, Siloam Springs, Arkansas. November 14, 2014.
- “Summary Judgment: Kichijiro’s Identification as Judas Tested Against Other Biblical Betrayers.” Southwest Conference on Christianity and Literature 2012. Oklahoma Baptist University with Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, Oklahoma. October 5, 2012.
- “When East and West Collide: Hope and Imaginary Bodies in Mishima and Lovecraft.” Science and Science Fiction Conference. Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma. April 12, 2012.
- “The Time of God’s Long Suffering: Reading the New Testament in Response to a Buddhist Problem.” Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society. Atlanta, Georgia. November 17, 2010.
- “‘Reading maketh a full man’: Technology and the Marriage of Christianity to Humane Education.” Forum for Christianity and the Liberal Arts. University of Mobile. Mobile, Alabama. September 25, 2010.
- “Managing the Writing Process.” Faculty Workshop. Belhaven College, Houston, Texas. February 24, 2010.
- “The Frozen Wave: Grammar and the Gesture of Progress.” Reading Material: Textual and Cultural Objects. Conference in Language and Literature (MADLIT). University of Wisconsin at Madison, Wisconsin. March 5, 2010.
- “Lovecraft’s Fungi and the Legitimacy of the Sonnet.” Southwest Conference on Christianity and Literature 2009. Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas. October 4, 2009.
- “‘My spirit I to Love compose’: Coleridge’s Prayers and Non-Prayers, and Their Answers.” Federation of North Texas Area Universities Rhetoric Symposium 2009. Commerce, Texas. February 6, 2009.
- “Prosing Poetry: Novelistic Resistance to the Lyric in Late 19th-C Long Verse.” 2003 Conference of the English Graduate Student Association, Baylor University. February 22, 2003.
- “What You Know–but Won’t Believe–Certainly Will Hurt You.” 2001 Conference on Narrative, Baylor University. February 10, 2001.
- “Conspicuous Consumption: The ‘Weird Tale’ and Social Fears.” American Studies Association of Texas. November 17, 2000.
- The Clay Pot, 2016
- Going Home Words, 2014
- Unanswered Rhymes, 2014
- “What Milton Saw.” [free verse] The Penwood Review Fall 2009.
- “Disclosure.” [free verse] Kent Keeth Poetry Prize. Baylor University. Spring 2009.
- Depth Perception, 2007
- “The Foreign Affair” & “To Have Boldly Gone.” [sonnets] The Penwood Review Fall 2007.
- “The Final Stroke.” [sonnet] The Penwood Review Spring 2002.
- “Meeting of the Minds.” [experimental verse] Reflections Spring 2001.
- “High Places.” [fourteener] The Penwood Review Spring 1999.